Who are we
Clearhead is an online mental health and wellbeing platform, designed by NZ doctors, that ensures access to support is available to anyone who needs it. We help Kiwis understand their challenges and learn how to solve them through our AI Wellbeing Assistant. For those that need extra support, we have built NZ's largest online therapist marketplace. We provide our digital platform to NZ's most iconic employers and help them better meet the needs of their employees through data analytics. You can learn more at https://www.clearhead.org.nz
By working with us you get to solve a meaningful problem using the latest technology and learn from a great bunch of people in a fun and relaxed environment. We are a small team that is passionate about making a social impact through tackling the global mental health crisis.
Purpose of the role
The current Front End Lead is also holding the Product Lead role and we would like to bring in a Front End Lead who can focus and take control of all our front end stack. This person will drive us towards a common standard and help us reach our vision of delivering a high quality and engaging mental wellbeing platform.
What you will do
You'll be working across our 3 products to help us meet our goals of:
- Providing a seamless therapy booking experience for our enterprise clients and the general public.
- Increase access to care by improving the design & usability of our AI Wellbeing Assistant which allows us to provide scalable, cost-effective, and personalised care that is available 24/7.
- Ensure the root causes of poor employee wellbeing is addressed through powerful displays of data analytics.
How will you do this you say?
- Implementing and maintaining good practices throughout the product suite.
- Working to improve our test coverage.
- Help build an experienced front end team around you.
- Upskill and teach your peers on best practices. Be up to date with new releases and trends in the industry.
- Be able to break down complex tasks into simple steps.
- Develop to a high quality and be persistent that others do the same through code reviews.
What you will bring
- Committed to helping us achieve our vision.
- Passion for technology and improving your technical skills.
- Able to pitch your solutions clearly and explain why to the team.
- Ability to collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team and move toward a common goal. Understanding that working in a team means that there are no ego's between each other.
- Curious, takes initiative, and is able to solve problems from first principles.
- Takes pride in delivering high quality work.
Role Related Experience
- Strong CSS skills, understands CSS variables, CSS-In-JS & SASS.
- Has experience working well with designers and using design tools to build front end (e.g. Figma, Sketch etc)
- Has experience implementing and maintaining a front end test suite (i.e. jest, enzyme, react-test-renderer, Cyprus, headless testing or an alternative).
- Has experience building & maintaining a scalable ReactJS application.
- Has experience building & maintaining stand alone libraries using Rollup or Webpack.
- Has experience building & testing components using storybook.
- Has an understanding of NextJS.
Market rate depending on experience, around the $130k - $150k range
To apply please send you CV to [email protected]
- You must have full working rights in New Zealand.
- Be able to work both in Auckland (our office is near Newmarket) as well as remotely.